Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hats and Socks

...from top to bottom

Here I am combining projects into a single blog post.

First up, Frankenbaby! This is a Frankenstein hat that I made my nephew for Halloween last year. I was just recently sent the photos. I made up the pattern myself and I do plan on writing it down so you all can make one for your little monster.
Yarn: Cascade 220 in black and green. And a little bit of grey for the bolts and some red embroidery floss.


Second, my Honey Hat. I fell in love with the pattern, Honey Cowl but I didn't have enough yarn. I picked up this yarn at Churchmouse while I was in Brainbridge Island. I thought the stitch pattern and yarn would make a great hat. I made it slightly slouchy. Then I embroidered a tree and some orange leaves to it with some scrap yarn. I love it. Reminds me of a burning field.
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted, colorway: loro barranquero.


My friends Heather and Erin are due with their first son very shortly. I've been wanting to make these little socks for so long and I knew they were the perfect couple for them. I call them The Snowflake Socks.
Yarn: Cascade 220 green, Knit Picks undyed natural yarn.

The dark spot on the toe is a raindrop!

Lastly, Bailey has been asking me to make him some socks for awhile now. I have had this yarn in my stash for years and thought he would enjoy some Candy Cane Socks. I knit them with an afterthought heel so as not to disrupt the striping pattern. Quite by accident, these socks have the complete opposite striping pattern from each other. WIN! I love it when stuff like that happens.
Yarn: Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Nation Color

No comments:

Post a Comment